Tuesday, February 5, 2008

One -- Surefire -- Way Not To Get The Job

My company hires people. Most do, right? Our Marketing department acts as a kind of application gatekeeper - we manage the relationships with vendors, post jobs and funnel applicants to the correct people, basically, we're team players.

Sometimes we get loads - LOADS - of applicants for certain positions, and as a department, our policy is not to screen resumes, but to funnel as efficiently as possible.

That may soon change.

In reviewing resumes for a position within my company, my Sales Manager dropped this on my report's desk:

A little closer inspection reveals a neat little fact about this would-be job seeker:

At least this is an honest job seeker. Jim says he sides with honesty over knowledge. But in this case, I think there was a little too much of both....

No comments: